WDW began in 2006 as a ministry of The Master’s College and Seminary. This year, the direction of Women Discipling Women has been transferred to The Biblical Counseling and Discipleship Association of Southern California (www.BCDASoCal.org), a ministry which works closely with The Master’s College and Seminary to train the church to counsel and disciple using Scripture. Through our new connection with BCDASoCal, we expect to reach many women from Southern California and beyond in addition to our ongoing service to the hundreds of women in the WDW family who have benefitted from past conferences.
What is the Vision of BCDASoCal?
- Serve local churches that desire the benefits of ACBC Certified Counselor Training for their pastoral staff and lay leaders.
- Assist church leaders in establishing church-based Biblical Counseling Centers with the result that every person in Southern California is within a 15 minute drive from a well-trained Biblical Counselor.
The Purposes of the BCDASoCal:
- Low Cost Training/Church-based Counseling Centers: To provide quality biblical counselor training at low cost to like-minded church leaders and church members for the purpose of equipping them to supply pro bono effective counseling from the Scriptures to their fellow church members and community.
- Discipleship: To equip Christians for more effective person-to-person discipleship.
- Progressive Sanctification: To provide practical applications of the Bible’s truths to benefit students in their personal quest for growth in sanctification.
- Accurate Handling of Scripture: To use the eternal and inspired Scriptures as the sole source of authoritative truth and instruction to accomplish the just stated purposes.
- Sufficiency of Scripture: To promote the sufficiency of God’s Word as the sole source for authoritative and accurate counsel to Christians regarding life issues and non-physical problems.
- Advanced Training: To promote the ministries of The Master’s College and Seminary for further training in counseling and discipleship.
Board of Directors
Wayne Erick Johnston
- Founding President of BCDASoCal
- ACBC Director of Training Center Certification
- B.A., The Master’s College; M.A. in Biblical Counseling, The Master’s College
- Co-Author, “A Christian Growth and Discipleship Manual,” with Dr. Wayne Mack
- Author of ACBC Certified Biblical Counselor Training Course with national and international online students
- ACBC Fellow
- Faculty, Los Angeles Bible Training School
Dr. John Street
- Chief Strategy Officer for BCDASoCal
- Chairperson of the Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling @ The Master’s College. Joined TMC in 1999.
- Teaches pastoral counseling classes at The Master’s Seminary (Pastoral Counseling, Marriage & Family Counseling and Advanced Counseling)
- Fellow, Board Member and President of the National Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
- Professor of Biblical Counseling B.A., Cedarville University; M.Div., Grand Rapids Theological Seminary; D.Min., Westminster Theological Seminary
- Contributor to The Biblical Counselor and The Journal of Biblical Counseling
- Editor of The Journal of Modern Ministry and member of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- 2nd generation pastor with 33 years of pastoral ministry.
- Frequent conference speaker around the United States, Australia, Germany and Switzerland (training classes, retreats, marriage and Bible conferences, etc.).
- Elder at Grace Community Church and pastor of Joint Heirs.
Pastor Carl Hargrove
- Director of Grace Advance
- Director of Placement for the Master’s Seminary
- Adjunct Professor at TMS in Pastoral Ministries
- B.A., University of Cincinnati; M.Div, The Master’s Seminary; Th.M, The Master’s Seminary
- Certified ACBC Member
- Executive Board Member for T.E.A.R.S. Ministries
- Coordinates the Los Angeles Men’s Bible Conference
- Pastors the Doulos Fellowship Group at Grace Community church
- Contributing author to “Secret Sex Wars: A Battle Cry for Purity“
Pastor Ed Wilde
- Pastor of Adult Ministres at Calvary Bible Church, Burbank, CA
- Adjunct Professor at TMS, MABC program
- Over 20 years of professional experience as an attorney
- Elder and Biblical Counseling Director, Calvary Bible Church
- ACBC Certified Counselor